Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Too many people believe myths about mold. Myths like mold only grows in wet or moist places. Myths like you can kill all mold with bleach. And myths like any cleaning service can get rid of mold. Here’s the truth. In as little as 48 hours, mold can quickly become a problem in your home or business when there’s a water intrusion, like a roof leak or leaking water line. Mold can cause health effects and major damage to your property. It can grow virtually anywhere, doesn’t completely go away if treated with bleach, and many cleaning companies can’t do proper mold remediation. SERVPRO of Bloomfield/Enfield can. We have the training, protective gear, specialized equipment, and experience necessary to handle any residential or commercial mold problem. Your property returns to a mold-free condition like it never even happened.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (860) 216-2785
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Bloomfield / Enfield for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Bloomfield / Enfield has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- West Hartford
- West Granby
- North Granby