Biohazard and Sewage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
In a flash, your home or business can be contaminated by biohazards, such as sewage, blood-borne pathogens or chemical spills. These biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health issues and must be addressed promptly to prevent short- and long-term health effects. Because of the heightened risk of contamination, you need an experienced damage remediation company to clean up the mess in a professional and safe manner. In central Connecticut, the biohazard cleanup experts at SERVPRO of Bloomfield/Enfield are trained to safely remove biohazards and dispose of them properly in accordance with OSHA and health regulations. We are experienced at dealing with the worst biohazard messes, so if it happens to you, rely on us to completely restore your home or commercial building.
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call Us Today – (860) 216-2785
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of Bloomfield / Enfield has water damage restoration specialists and has specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- West Granby
- North Granby