If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (860) 216-2785

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Bloomfield Business Fire Damage Cleanup

What Happened?

Recently, SERVPRO was called to a Bloomfield business fire damage cleanup. A storage room for documents and an old copy machine, which was malfunctioning and still being used, was the cause of this fire damage disaster. Papers that fell behind the copy machine over time gathered around the outlet. This machine reportedly would lose power from time to time but was continued to be just turned back on and used. This problem caused the papers gathered around the outlet to ignite and bring aflame to the whole storage room, destroying documents and bringing smoke damage to the rest of the office.

Bloomfield Business Fire Damage Cleanup

SERVPRO arrived at the Bloomfield business fire damage clean up soon after the business owner found us on the internet searching for fire damage restoration companies. We sent a team to the fire damage scene and got to work. Luckily an employee contained the fire to just the storage room by utilizing its fire safety protection plan and knew where the fire extinguisher was. Even though the rest of the office was unharmed by the fire, it still required some smoke smell removal.

How did we do?

Overall, most of the documents that were out in the open were destroyed, but the majority were in filing cabinets and survived. The business owner was quite devastated at first, but our team was not only there to perform our services but to help the business owner through these challenging times. We informed them of more extensive fire safety prevention protocols and emotionally helped them through this matter. This business could have lost much more than just the storage room. We ensured them how good of a job they had already done with the fire safety program they had in place, which genuinely saved their entire business from further fire damage. They couldn’t have been more grateful, and their business was up and running in no time at all.