Fire Damage Photo Gallery

Small Bedroom Fire

A small lamp in a bedroom had caught fire after being left on for an overly extended amount of time. Nearly half of the bed and belongings in the room were burned before the fire was extinguished. SERVPRO came to the scene to mitigate the smoke damage in the other areas of the house and restore the bedroom.

House Fire in Hartford

A fire in Hartford, Connecticut started on a porch grill and spread through the entire house. SERVPRO came to the scene and saw that smoke had engulfed the entire house. Once the fire was put out SERVPRO boarded up the building then gutted all the walls, ceilings and floors to prepare the house for remodeling. 

Hardware Store Fire

A car crashed into a local hardware store and burst into flames, setting the building on fire. After the fire was out, we got the call at 5 p.m. Within an hour the SERVPRO of Bloomfield/Enfield crew was on site to cover four holes in the roof and six broken storefront windows. We also cleaned up glass. The next day we boarded off the damaged section so the store could open for business. We removed the smoke smell and soot damage. We transported a truck of furniture and equipment to our warehouse for thorough cleaning and restoration. While cleaning up the store we tested for asbestos. We used negative air machines and dehumidifiers to dry the site, then did construction work on the roof and elsewhere. Within about 10 days we had the furniture and equipment back and the store was 100% up and running. Fast action keep the lost revenue to a minimum and kept insurance costs down.  

Fire & Water Damage at Country Club

When we arrived in December 2017 at this Massachusetts country club, the banquet hall looked like this. The country club had had a fire, suffered water damage, and then had a second fire due to another company's faulty heating equipment. SERVPRO of Bloomfield/Enfield began by covering the roof, boarding up windows, and securing the building. We developed a work flow to keep the country club in operation and to keep everyone safe while we restored about 65,000 square feet. We also had to remove and store furniture while we worked. In the course of the work we discovered and removed asbestos. The country club owners appreciated the fast response, knowledgeable team, quality work, and quick restoration of the property.  

Frozen House with Ice

Fire & Ice

Firefighters do an amazing job saving lives and stopping fires. But sometimes putting out a fire can cause another type of damage. Here is a home in Springfield, Massachusetts. To stop a February 2018 fire and the fire and smoke damage, firefighters had to use water. Lots of water. In the cold Massachusetts winter, with temperatures well below freezing, you can get ice and icicle damage like this. But SERVPRO of Bloomfield/Enfield knew exactly how to handle the situation. In a matter of days the ice and water were removed and the home restored to a safe, livable, and comfortable condition. Read more about how we deal with water and ice damage in the 15+ blog posts on water damage on this website.

Partial Roof Collapse in Windsor, CT

Fire damage at a Windsor, Connecticut home caused a partial roof collapse. SERVPRO of Bloomfield/Enfield worked with a construction company to board up the roof, windows, and doors. We also secured a tarp the roof to protect the home from further damage. And SERVPRO of Bloomfield/Enfield worked with the insurance adjuster on the next steps to restoring the home. This job reminded us of something important: whether you live in an older home or a brand new home--you need to inspect your roof (regardless of the roof’s age) at least a few times a year and make any necessary repairs. One advantage of inspecting your roof frequently is that you may spot small repairs you can make yourself at little cost. Finding and fixing the small issues prevents them from growing into bigger and much more costly issues. 

House Fire Safety

When you’ve been on the scene of hundreds of house fires like SERVPRO of Bloomfield/Enfield has, you get to thinking about fire safety. So many of the homes we’ve restored after fire and smoke damage could have avoid damage if people had been a bit more careful. We like to remind people of basic fire safety guidelines. Talk with your kids about the dangers of playing with matches, lighters, and flammable liquids. Don’t leave your kitchen when you’re cooking. Know and post your local fire department’s emergency phone number. Keep gasoline, kerosene, paint thinners, and other flammable liquids in appropriate containers and away from other flammable materials. These guidelines sound easy and simple but you’d be surprised how many people don’t follow them.   

Banquet Hall Fire and Water Damage

A November 2015 fire at the Chez Josef Banquet Hall in Agawam, Massachusetts did extensive smoke damage. SERVPRO of Bloomfield/Enfield restored three ballrooms, the kitchen, and the entrance way. Because the fire department had to use fire hoses to douse the blaze, Chez Josef also had SERVPRO of Bloomfield/Enfield to do a dry down of many rooms. Our crew removed all water and removed furniture and other items so we could bring in our professional drying equipment. We also had to eliminate wet materials that could not be restored (like drywall). A series of SERVPRO’s heavy-duty industrial fans made the drying process go more quickly.

Apartment Complex Fire and Water Cleanup

On December 18, 2015 a fire at the Waterbury Apartment Complex in Waterbury, Connecticut damaged about 9,000 square feet in several apartments. SERVPRO of Bloomfield/Enfield did emergency board up to secure the affected apartments within an hour. We did emergency mitigation to dry out the structure and fire and water cleanup that evening, well ahead of schedule. Because of the fast response, quality services, and quick restoration of the apartment complex, the property owner said SERVPRO of Bloomfield/Enfield is the only mitigation company they will use. “This was a case where we wanted to satisfy the property owner, of course, but also the many apartment residents who suffered the major portion of the damage,” said Ralph DiCristofaro, co-owner of SERVPRO of Bloomfield/Enfield.