Why Enfield Mold Damage Should Be Resolved Quickly
We Help Customers Through Mold Damage Threats
Mold is misunderstood and often not taken as seriously as it should be. Usually, homeowners see these microbial growths as more of a nuisance than a pressing concern for the property. As surfaces and building materials become hosts for colonies, the cost and time to remediate these conditions increases.
What Is the Truth about Mold?
To begin overcoming Enfield mold damage, homeowners must understand common misconceptions about microbial growth and how to handle these situations. Some of these include:
- Is Complete Mold Removal Possible?
Mold spores occur naturally in almost every environment. Remediation is designed to remove any active colonization threatening the household but does not attempt complete spore removal. The operation cost would be high, and the success would be limited.
- Can Mold Get Better without Intervention?
Part of remediation is eliminating the causes of mold damage. The situation will likely worsen if these are not addressed along with the removal of active colonies.
- Can You Clean Up Mold Yourself?
DIY approaches might make sense for smaller projects, but when removing mold from residences, much can be missed or inadequately performed, which makes remediation better suited for professionals.
Quickly Overcoming Mold Damage Threats
With the fast response of SERVPRO professionals, mold concerns can be rapidly addressed. Often, it is pressing to overcome the spread of these threatening situations and their acute effects that could make comfortable living impossible. We work in many capacities, including
- Preventing Spread – Early mitigation helps prevent spores from spreading to other areas of the property. Containment often involves physical barriers.
- Protecting Contents – Removing mold can be challenging when working around a house full of contents, even when these items are not at risk of mold exposure. We can relocate or clean personal belongings from your home as needed.
- Structural Assessment – Mold can destroy hosting materials, so the earliest stages of mitigation must serve to inspect these affected surfaces for permanent structural damages.
- Overcoming Water Threats – Mold development is possible with water intrusion into your home's living space. SERVPRO professionals assess this infiltration and how to repair it.
How Does SERVPRO Remove Mold?
Removing mold is the primary function of the IICRC-certified remediation team arriving at the house to help. Without removing the surface mold found throughout the house, the situation worsens, and microbial colonization spreads to sensitive hosting materials of the property. There are multiple remediation options based on factors like the severity of the infestation and the location of damaged construction materials. Approaches include:
- Surface Treatment
- Abrasive Cleaning
- Controlled Demolition
Musty Smells Are Expected During Cleanup
Both signs that mold damage might exist, and one of the more challenging obstacles of remediation is the harsh, musty smell generated by active colonization. Spore activity can create a discernible odor that is strongest closer to the infestation. For this reason, homeowners can often use this sign to indicate hidden mold growth. Remediation professionals utilize deodorizing equipment, oxidation, and masking products to help.
Repairs Needed After Mold Threats
Microbial growth overwhelms and destroys organic matter used as a host. Over time, these structural elements degrade and deteriorate, requiring replacement to restore integrity. Moreover, controlled demolition is often a more direct and proven method for removing set-in mold colonies from porous materials. Our general contractor license can help with these needed repairs and build-back services.
Enfield mold damage can be a threatening and stressful situation for homeowners. We work fast to provide the most comprehensive remediation solutions, including containment and mitigation. Give our SERVPRO of Bloomfield / Enfield specialists a call today at (860) 216-2785.